Prepare these Mexicali Stuffed Mushrooms for your Cinco De Mayo celebration and watch them disappear before the cheesy dips and chips are even touched!
16 oz. white mushrooms,
1 red bell pepper finely chopped,
½ red onion finely chopped,
1 poblano pepper (with or without seeds) finely chopped,
2 Tbsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Cilantro,
1 tsp. cumin,
½ tsp. salt,
¼ c. Litehouse OPA Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing,
2 oz. Pepper Jack cheese cut into ¼ inch cubes,
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Using a damp paper towel wipe the mushrooms clean. Remove the mushroom stems and use a melon baller to carefully scoop about half of the flesh from the mushroom caps. Finely chop the stems in cap innards.
3. Heat a couple Tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the vegetables and saute until tender. Add the Cilantro, cumin, salt, and OPA Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing. Cook just a minute more.
4. Line the mushroom caps on a baking sheet. Divide the mushroom filling among the mushroom caps, stuffing as much as you can into each cap. Dont be afraid to mound that filling up! Top each mushroom with a cube of cheese.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately!