Sometimes you just want a steak dinner and oh boy do we have one for you. This recipe is a complete meal that we hope will leave every steak lover happy and completely satisfied when they leave the dinner table. In fact, this meal is so good, we’ve found that no dessert is necessary. We think the potatoes and cheese on the steak put this meal over the top.
- 2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 lb cold butter cut into cubes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Opa® Ranch Greek Yogurt Dressing
- Kosher salt & White pepper to taste
- 4 each 8-10 oz New York steaks
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup of Litehouse Foods® Simply Artisan Blue Cheese Center Cut
- Brussels sprouts
- Turn on grill or grill pan to high heat. In a small pot on the stove place peeled and quartered potatoes in pot and cover with cold water. Add 1 tbsp salt and heat to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Simmer potatoes until fork tender. Drain thoroughly and rice using either a ricer or push through a sieve. In another small pot heat cream to a simmer. Gently fold cold butter and cream into potatoes alternating between butter and cream. Potatoes should be velvety and smooth. Once cream and butter are incorporated add the Opa® Ranch Greek Yogurt Dressing, season to taste and then keep warm.
- Season steaks to your liking with kosher salt and black pepper and grill to your desired doneness. Transfer steaks to a half sheet pan. Top each steak with ¼ cup blue cheese and place back on grill. Close lid and let cheese melt 1-2 minutes. Let steaks rest 5-7 minutes. Alternatively, add the cheese crumbles at the last minute before serving.
- Plate mashed potatoes and steak with the vegetables of your choice and serve.