This seasoning rub using Litehouse herbs is the perfect holiday gift! Here the rub is used on a delicious turkey breast cooked in the slow cooker.
For the rub:
- 3 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Red Onions
- 2 tbsp. Dried Rosemary
- 1 tbsp. Whole Peppercorns or Ground Pepper
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp. Litehouse® Poultry Herb Blend
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
For the slow cooker turkey breast:
- 1 (4-7 lb.) Turkey Breast
- ¼ c. Above Seasoning Rub
- ½ stick Softened Butter
- 1 Lemon
- Using an empty Litehouse Herb Jar, layer the herbs and spices in the order listed. Keep for yourself or gift!
- For the slow cooker turkey breast: combine ¼ cup seasoning rub and ½ stick softened butter to create a paste.
- Scrunch up aluminum paper to create four “balls” to rest the turkey breast on. Set in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Rub the paste all over the turkey breast, including under the skin.
- Place turkey breast, breast side facing up on top of the aluminum balls.
- Slice one lemon and place slices in the turkey cavity.
- Cook 6 hours on high until turkey breast reaches 170°F.