This seasoning rub using Litehouse herbs is the perfect holiday gift! Here the rub is used on a delicious turkey breast cooked in the slow cooker.
For the rub:,
3 Tbls. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Garlic,
2 Tbls. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Red Onions,
2 Tbls. dried rosemary,
1 Tbls. whole peppercorns or ground pepper,
2 tsp. sea salt,
3 Tbls. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Poultry Seasoning,
1 tsp. cayenne pepper,
For the slow cooker turkey breast:,
1 (4-7 lb.) turkey breast,
¼ cup of the seasoning rub above,
½ stick softened butter,
1. Using an empty Litehouse Instantly Fresh jar, layer the herbs and spices in the order listed. Keep for yourself or gift!
2. For the slow cooker turkey breast: combine ¼ cup seasoning rub and ½ stick softened butter to create a paste.
3. Scrunch up aluminum paper to create four “balls” to rest the turkey breast on. Set in the bottom of the slow cooker.
4. Rub the paste all over the turkey breast, including under the skin.
5. Place turkey breast, breast side facing up on top of the aluminum balls.
6. Slice one lemon and place slices in the turkey cavity.
7. Cook 6 hours on high until turkey breast reaches 170 degrees.