This grilled port with red quinoa tabbouleh dish is delicious, easy , low calorie, and nutritious too!
Thin cut pork chops (up to 8),
¼ c. salt,
¼ c. sugar,
2 Tbsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Dill,
Zest and juice of 1 lemon,
1 c. red quinoa (any color you can find will work),
1 cucumber peeled seeded and chopped,
2 Tbsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Red Onion,
1 large tomato chopped,
2 handfuls flat leaf parsley roughly chopped,
1 c. Litehouse Artisan Crumbled Feta Cheese,
3 Tbsp. olive oil,
Salt and pepper,
1. Boil 2 ¼ cups water in a pot. Add the quinoa and reduce the heat to a slow boil. Cover and cook 20 minutes, drain any excess water.
2. Meanwhile pour 2 cups water into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the salt, sugar, dill, and lemon zest. Mash the mixture around until dissolved.
3. Add the pork chops (or whatever meat you may decide to use) and seal the bag pressing out any excess air. Allow to brine 20 minutes, longer if you have the time to spare!
4. In a large bowl mix the quinoa, cucumber, red onion, tomato, parsley, feta cheese, olive oil, and lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
5. Remove the meat from the brine patting off excess liquid.
6. Cook meat on a hot grill, or grill pan, until cooked through.
7. Thin cut pork chops will take about 4 minutes per side