Chicken is pounded thin and dredged in a seasoned flour. Pan fry until golden then make a pan sauce with orange, chicken stock, and basil. Chicken is simmered in the sauce until it thickens and served with a side of roasted seasoned sweet potatoes.
2-3 boneless chicken breasts halved,
½ c. parmesan cheese,
½ c. flour,
1 Tbsp. plus 1 ½ tsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Basil,
1 orange sliced in to thin rounds,
1 c. orange juice,
1 c. chicken stock,
1 garlic clove smashed,
2 shallots minced,
2 tsp. honey,
Salt and pepper ,
2 lb. sweet potatoes cut into ½ in. cubes,
Olive oil for drizzling,
1 tsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Italian Blend,
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Toss the sweet potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and the Litehouse Instantly Fresh Italian Blend. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet and roast in the oven 30-40 minutes, or until tender.
4. Meanwhile place the chicken pieces on a cutting board and cover with a layer of plastic wrap.
5. Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken until no thicker than ½ inch. Season pounded chicken with salt and pepper.
6. In a pie pan stir together the parmesan, flour, and 1 Tbsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Basil. Lightly coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
7. Heat 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Pan fry the coated chicken until golden brown on both sides. You will have to do this in batches. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
8. Add the orange slices, garlic clove, shallots, and remaining 1 ½ tsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Basil to the hot pan. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the orange juice and chicken stock, scraping the browned bits off the bottom as you stir.
9. Return the chicken to the pan. Lower the heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Simmer 20 minutes.
10. Remove chicken to a serving platter and garnish with the cooked orange slices. To the pan sauce add the honey. Salt and pepper to taste.
11. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with a side of the roasted sweet potatoes.