The beverages you serve at your outdoor cookouts should be as exciting as your grilled food. Infuse fresh lemonade with Litehouse Instantly Fresh Herbs for refreshing, flavorful drinks to pair with grilled meats and seafood.
2 tablespoons Litehouse Instantly Fresh Sage Instantly Fresh,
Basil Instantly Fresh Ginger or Instantly Fresh Lemongrass,
2 ounces of room temperature water,
Juice of six fresh lemons,
4 cups cool water,
1 ounce (6 teaspoons) Stevia or ½ cup sugar,
1. Place your choice of herb in a small bowl. Add room temperature water and allow herbs to rehydrate for 2-3 minutes.
2. If using Instantly Fresh Basil or Instantly Fresh Sage, immediately strain the herbs through cheesecloth and allow the infused liquid to flow into a serving pitcher. Add lemon juice, water, sweetener, and stir to blend ingredients. If using Instantly Fresh Ginger or Instantly Fresh Lemongrass, allow the herbs to sit in the room temperature water for up to 15 minutes.
3. Strain the herbs and add infused liquid to serving pitcher. Add remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
4. Chill in refrigerator or serve over ice.
5. Blender Option: Follow directions above. Add ice before blending and blend at high speed for a slushy drink.