Make a simple but delicious hearty dinner with minimal ingredients and time spent cooking in the kitchen. Marinate a Chuck Roast in Litehouse Red Wine Vinegar with Olive Oil Dressing & Marinade the day before for a flavorful meal. This Instant Pot Red Wine & Olive Oil Pot Roast Dinner has fork-tender beef, flavorful vegetables, and gravy all cooked in one pot! Perfect comfort food recipe for a cold fall or winter day.
- 1 5 lb. Chuck Roast
- 1 cup Litehouse Red Wine Vinegar with Olive Oil Dressing & Marinade
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 8 large carrots peeled and cut in half
- 4 stalks celery halved
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 medium onions whole skins off
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place the chuck roast in a bag or container. Pour in 1 cup of Litehouse Red Wine & Olive Oil Dressing. Seal the bag, massage and let marinate for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours.
- The next day, preheat an 8-quart Instant Pot with 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil on the "saute" setting. Remove the chuck roast from the bag, season with salt and pepper, and place in the Instant Pot. Brown on each side for 10 minutes (flipping half way through). Remove the chuck roast from Instant Pot and pour in the water. Deglaze the pot scraping off the brown bits.
- Place the chuck roast back in the Instant Pot and add in the carrots, celery stalks, garlic cloves, and onions. Turn the Instant Pot off. Select "meat" setting and set the Instant Pot to 65 minutes. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, seal the lid making sure the valve is set to “sealing".
- Once the roast is done cooking. Let it naturally rest for at least 40 minutes. Then, carefully force the remaining pressure. Remove the vegetables and roast from the pot and set to the side. Select "saute" to bring the broth to a boil. Add in the fresh thyme bundle. Mix together the 1 cup water and the 2 tablespoons cornstarch until smooth. Whisk into the boiling broth. Stir until thick to your desire. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the roast, and divide evenly among plates. Pour gravy on top of beef and vegetables and enjoy.
Note: Remember it will take the Instant Pot at least 65-70 minutes to come to pressure before the timer starts. Please allow for ample time to cook this recipe!