If you are looking for a delicious spin on traditional potato salad, look no further. This recipe is bursting with flavor from delicious Idaho® potatoes paired with Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives, Mustard and Capers.
- 1 1/2 pounds russet Idaho® potatoes, cubed into 1 1/2" cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- In a medium pot, cover potatoes with water. Add salt and and bring to a simmer. Simmer gently until just fork tender, about 15-17 minutes, being especially careful not to overcook, keeping them slightly al dente.
- While the potatoes are simmering, make the dressing. In a small bowl, mix the Litehouse® chives, shallot, olive oil, capers, mustard, salt and pepper together and set aside.
- Strain and gently rinse the potatoes with cold water until cooled. Drain well.
- Place in a bowl and very gently toss with the dressing.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Taste for salt, adding more if necessary.