This fall-inspired apple cider oatmeal is topped with a cinnamon and brown sugar apple compote and nut butter. It’s easy to make, gluten-free, and the perfect cozy breakfast for a cool fall morning!
- 1 1/2 cups whole rolled oats
- 3 cups Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 apples, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Add oats, apple cider and salt to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes, until oatmeal reaches desired consistency. Stir in cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Meanwhile, heat a separate skillet to medium and add butter. When butter is melted, add in diced apples and sauté for 3 minutes, until they start to soften. Add in brown sugar and cinnamon and cook, stirring often, until the apples are tender and caramelized.
- Top oatmeal with apples and nut butter.