Apple Cider Bundt Cake! This seasonal cake is perfect for Fall; enjoy for dessert or snack alongside a glass of Litehouse Honeycrisp Apple Cider. If you like traditional bundt cake, then you will love this apple cider version. One part indulgent and one part wholesome with the use of apple cider, apple sauce, and whole-wheat pastry flour.
- 10 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Litehouse Honeycrisp Apple Cider
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (or more all-purpose flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a bundt pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until creamed and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, then mix in the apple cider, applesauce and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, powder, spices and salt. Slowly add the dry to the wet apple mixture and stir together until just incorporated.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula or tap pan on the counter to settle the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then gently invert cake on a large plate.