Enjoy this delicious and original gluten free twist on classic stuffing!
1 ½ Tbsp. butter
2 loaves gluten-free bread cut into 3⁄4-inch cubes (about 18 cups)
1 small white onion - chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Poultry Herb Blend
1 tsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Garlic
Water for herbs
2 Granny Smith apples diced
½ cup dry white wine
2 ½ cups vegetable broth
2 large eggs beaten
1 ¼ cups dried cranberries (or golden raisins)
1. Heat oven to 375° F.
2. Prepare a 9 x13 inch baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
3. Place bread cubes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until crispy and golden brown, about 12 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion, sea salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until tender about, 10 minutes or when onions start to brown. Add the wine and cook until evaporated, about 4 minutes; transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, add a few teaspoons of water to the Litehouse Poultry Herb Blend and the Litehouse Garlic to make them ‘come alive’.
6. Add toasted bread cubes, vegetable broth, beaten eggs, dried cranberries, apples, Litehouse Poultry Herb Blend, Litehouse Garlic, sea salt and pepper to the onion mixture in the large bowl; toss to combine. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
7. Cover bake for 15 minutes with tin foil then uncover and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and warm throughout. Add more butter on top of stuffing, if mixture becomes too dry. Note: Chicken broth can also be used. Whole wheat bread can also be used.