Parmesan cheese and Poultry Herb Blend are added to a flaky dough, rolled into spirals then baked until golden brown. Cheesy, herby, melt in your mouth goodness.
- 2 ½ c. Flour
- 2 c. Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 4 tbsp. Litehouse® Poultry Herb Blend
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 1 ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 ½ sticks Unsalted Butter, cut into small cubes
- ½ c. Cold Water
- In a food processor pulse together the flour, parmesan, Freeze Dried Poultry Herb Blend, Salt, and pepper.
- Add the cubed butter. Pulse until blended into the flour and no visible lumps of butter remain.
- With the food processor running slowly add the cold water. Pulse until a dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a storage bag and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a work surface and pre heat the oven to 375°F.
- Roll out the dough on the floured work surface. Dough should be ¼ inch thick and 12 inches tall. Width does not matter.
- Use a sharp knife to slice dough into strips 12 inches tall and ½ inch or so wide.
- Twist each strip into a spiral and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake cheese straws for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing.