Parmesan cheese and Poultry Herb Blend are added to a flaky dough, rolled into spirals then baked until golden brown. Cheesy, herby, melt in your mouth goodness.
2 ½ c. flour,
2 c. parmesan cheese finely grated,
4 Tbsp. Litehouse Freeze Dried Poultry Herb Blend,
½ tsp. pepper,
1 ¼ tsp. salt,
2 ½ sticks unsalted butter cut into small cubes,
½ c. very cold water,
1. In a food processor pulse together the flour, parmesan, Freeze Dried Poultry Herb Blend, Salt, and pepper.
2. Add the cubed butter. Pulse until blended into the flour and no visible lumps of butter remain.
3. With the food processor running slowly add the cold water. Pulse until a dough comes together.
4. Transfer the dough to a storage bag and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Lightly flour a work surface and pre heat the oven to 375 degrees.
6. Roll out the dough on the floured work surface. Dough should be ¼ inch thick and 12 inches tall. Width does not matter.
7. Use a sharp knife to slice dough into strips 12 inches tall and ½ inch or so wide.
8. Twist each strip into a spiral and place on a greased baking sheet.
9. Bake cheese straws for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
10. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing.