Roasting your own chicken can be quite simple and flavorful when paired with Litehosue® Poultry Herb Blend.
- 1 Whole Chicken 6-8 pounds
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Poultry Herb Blend
- 1 stick Butter (1/2 c.)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Remove chicken from packaging and wash and dry well. Season the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper. Stuff the chicken with carrots, celery and onion and place into a roasting pan.
- Mix the Poultry Herb Blend with the butter and carefully insert half of the butter blend under the skin of the chicken. Rub the other half of the butter on top of the chicken breasts, thighs and wings. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Tuck the wings under the chicken and roast uncovered for 1 hour. In the final 30 minutes of cooking, tent aluminum foil on top of the chicken to avoid burning. Total roasting time should be around 1 ½ hours, or until the juices run clear when you slice between the leg and thigh. Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.