Heart healthy ingredients are used with herbs to make a pesto which can be stored for future use or used in the goat cheese and tomato pasta recipe provided!
1 pint cherry tomatoes,
2 tsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Italian Herb Blend
½ c. walnuts
2 Tbsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Garlic
½ c. fresh spinach leaves, torn into small pieces
1 c. fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
¼ c. sundried tomatoes
6 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for drizzling over tomatoes
¾ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
¼-1/2 c. crumbled goat cheese
Shredded spinach leaves for garnish.
8 oz. whole wheat linguine cooked according to package directions
1. Turn the ovens broiler on to high and place the ovens rack in the center position.
2. Pour cherry tomatoes onto a baking sheet.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and toss in Litehouse Instantly Fresh Italian Herb Blend.
4. Cook under the broiler until tomatoes burst and begin to char, stirring occasionally approximately 20 minutes.
5. Place the walnuts, Litehouse Instantly Fresh Garlic, spinach, basil, salt, and pepper into a food processor.
6. Pulse until well combine, thick and paste like.
7. While pulsing slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
8. Toss the cooked linguine with ½ c. of the prepared spinach walnut pesto and ¼-1/2 c. of crumbled goat cheese. Goat cheese will melt creating a smooth, creamy, pesto sauce.
9. Store leftover pesto in the freezer until next time!
10. Carefully toss in the cherry tomatoes being careful to keep them as whole as possible.
11. Top each serving with shredded spinach leaves and more goat cheese if desired.