Resist the temptation to grab greasy fast food with this “To-go’ Sesame Ginger Chicken Salad, a tasty, make-ahead meal. Perfect for toting in a cooler to the office or gym, this full entrée salad fits inside a 2-cup glass canning jar that can be recycled time and time again. Eco-friendly, flavorful and healthy fuel for your day!
- 6 Tbsp. Litehouse Sesame Ginger
- 1 ½ cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 3/4 cup shelled edamame beans
- thawed from frozen
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 6 Tbsp. chopped red onions
- 1 ½ tsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Cilantro
- 1 ½ tsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Basil
- 1 cup chopped chicken breast
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 3 Tbsp. peanuts
To prepare, divide ingredients among three 2-cup capacity glass canning jars in this order: 1/ 2 cup spaghetti, ¼ cup edamame beans, 1/3 cup carrots, 2 tablespoons onion, 1/2 teaspoon cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon basil, 1/3 cup chicken, 1 cup spinach and 1 tablespoon peanuts.
Please not that all these ingredients actually add up to a little more than 2 cups, so you’ll need to push salad makings down into the jar, as needed, to make room.
To serve, remove lid, invert jar and dump onto plate or eat straight from the jar. May be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days.