These egg sandwiches are perfect for a weekend family breakfast or great to prepare ahead of time for a week of healthy breakfast options!
- 6 Whole Wheat English Muffins
- 3 c. Liquid Egg Whites
- ½ c. Half and Half (or 2% milk)
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Basil
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives
- ¼ c. Prepared Basil Pesto
- ¼ c. Litehouse® Simply Artisan Reserve Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 350°F. Generously coat 1 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Whisk together the egg whites, half-and-half (or milk), and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the basil and chives. Pour the egg white mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until the egg whites are set and lightly browned around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes, or if not serving immediately, cool completely. Using a large biscuit cutter or drinking glass (roughly the same size as your English muffins), cut the eggs into rounds.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread a thin layer of pesto on the cut side of each English muffin top. Place 1 egg round on top of the plain half of each English muffin. Top each egg round with feta cheese to taste, then close the sandwiches with the top halves of the English muffins.
- Reheating: If not serving immediately, tightly wrap each sandwich with aluminum foil and store in resealable bags in the refrigerator or freezer. Reheat uncovered in a 325°F regular or toaster oven until warmed through, about 20 minutes if refrigerated, or about 30 minutes if frozen