A delicious salad inspired by the traditional dishes of Greece, Crete & Southern Italy. This salad features fennel, carrots and olives, mixed with fresh herbs and chopped kale.
4 fennel bulbs sliced thinly,
8 large carrots sliced thinly,
1 pint grape tomatoes,
1 red bell pepper cut into matchstick strips,
1 cup pitted whole green olives,
1 cup chopped kale,
1 teaspoon Instantly Fresh Basil,
1 teaspoon Instantly Fresh Thyme,
2 teaspoon Instantly Fresh Parsley,
4 ounces Litehouse Food’s Red Wine Olive Oil Vinaigrette
1. Add fennel, carrots, tomatoes, red peppers, olives and kale into a large, non-reactive bowl; toss together.
2. Sprinkle vegetables with basil, thyme and parsley; lightly toss.
3. Mix in Red Wine Olive Oil Vinaigrette and stir until vegetables are coated.
4. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least one hour, or overnight.
5. Serve as a side dish or on a bed of lettuce for a larger salad.