Stir up a festival of fall flavors with this crunchy, crave-worthy quinoa salad featuring apple cider, Brussels sprouts, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and more! A fit and fresh accompaniment for both easy weeknight dinners and special holiday celebrations.
- 1 cup uncooked white Quinoa
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Litehouse Gala Apple Cider
- 2/3 cup finely sliced Red Onions (could also substitute Litehouse Instantly Fresh Freeze-Dried Red Onions)
- 1 10-oz package shaved fresh Brussels Sprouts
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup raw, unsalted Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- ¼ cup Gala Apple Cider
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp. Litehouse Freeze-Dried Thyme
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. dried Red Pepper Flakes
- Rinse quinoa under cool water in mesh strainer to remove bitterness.
- Pour 1 cup water and 1 cup of apple cider into 2-quart pot. Add rinsed quinoa and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, top pot with lid, and simmer for approximately 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove quinoa from heat, fluff with fork, and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- While quinoa cooling, add remaining ¼ cup apple cider, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and red pepper to large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Once quinoa has cooled add to this dressing mixture and stir until combined. Next, stir in onion, Brussels sprouts, dried cranberries, and pepitas to bowl and stir until combined.