Put an unexpected twist on Halloween appetizers by serving a Deconstructed Goblin Platter. A tray full of terrifying yet oh-so-tasty paranormal parts will both thrill and bone-chill your family and friends.
Ogled Egg Eyes,
6 large eggs,
Red food color (liquid),
3 Tbsp Litehouse Food’s Avocado Dip,
12 black olive “rings”,
Roasted Shrimp Fingers,
12 large shrimp with shells and tail on (approx. 1 lb),
2 Tbsp olive oil,
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper,
1 tsp sea salt,
1 tablespoon Instantly Fresh Parsley,
Ogled Egg Eyes
1. In a 1-quart pot, place eggs in a single layer. Fill with cold water, covering eggs at least 1 inch.
2. Place pot on stove top and bring to boil over medium-high heat. As soon as water boils, reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
3. After simmering, remove pot from heat source and cover with lid for 10 – 12 minutes.
4. Drain hot water from pan and add cold water and ice. Let sit for 5 more minutes.
5. Remove eggs and lightly tap on all sides to create the cracks that will allow food coloring to seep through. Let “rest” on paper towels for 5 minutes.
6. Place eggs in a bowl, cover with cold water. Add 8 – 12 drops of red food coloring; gently stir until incorporated in water. Let eggs sit in the refrigerator overnight.
7. Peel eggs and slice each in half lengthwise. Remove yokes and add to small bowl with 3 tablespoons of Avocado Dip. Mix together thoroughly with the tines of a fork.
8. Spoon mixture evenly into the indentions of the 12 egg halves. Use a toothpick dipped into a drop of red food color to make veins on the cut side of the egg. Top each eye with an olive.
Roasted Shrimp Fingers
1. Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
2. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tail intact.
3. Make a small, crosswise incision in the middle back of each shrimp, taking care not to cut all the way through. Pulling incision open to straighten, thread shrimp a 6” wooden skewer.
4. Brush each shrimp, front and back, with olive oil. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
5. Arrange shrimp on rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with Instantly Fresh Parsley.
6. Roast on middle rack of oven for approximately 5 minutes, or until pink and cooked through.