This family favorite is easy to prepare and amazingly versatile. You can add any seasonal vegetable and change up the protein to fit your mood.
Boneless chicken pieces
Mini Sweet Peppers, cut in half & seeded
Cherry or Heirloom Tomatoes
Red Onion, chopped into chunks
Zucchini, sliced length wise and into ¾” chunks
Litehouse Instantly Fresh Dill (or other Litehouse Instantly Fresh Herb)
1) Cut chicken into to bite sized pieces approximately ¾” to 1” in size. Place in bowl or zipper plastic bag and add Litehouse Instantly Fresh Dill, or other Litehouse Instantly Fresh herbs, and Litehouse Zesty Italian dressing, or Litehouse Vinaigrette of your choice. Stir chicken chunks, dressing, and herbs to coat and place in refrigerator to marinate at least 15 minutes, up to several hours.
2) If using bamboo skewers, soak in water as directed on the package.
3) Prepare vegetables to desired sizes. You can use any vegetables that you like in your skewers such as those we listed or even some mushrooms, pineapple chunks, summer squashes, Brussel sprouts, etc. If you like, you can toss the vegetables with a little dressing. They benefit from a brief marinade as well.
4) Discard the dressing used to marinade the chicken.
5) Assemble the kabobs by sliding the vegetables and chicken chunks onto the skewers by alternating them in order. Here is an idea… tomato, pepper, chicken, onion, zucchini, chicken, onion, tomato, pepper, chicken, onion, zucchini onion, etc… *Chefs tip* - by putting a piece of onion next to the chicken it imparts a nice flavor when grilling.
6) To prevent the kebobs from sticking, brush the grill grates with vegetable oil or spray with no stick pray that is made for grills.
7) Brush the kebobs with some more Litehouse Zesty Italian Vinaigrette dressing before and while grilling. Turn the kebobs every few minutes to get a nice even cooking. The chicken chunks should be cooked through in about 10 to 15 minutes.