This creamy Idaho® potato soup with Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic is the perfect dinner and lunch! Make a big batch for dinner and enjoy leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 1 pound russet Idaho® potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 4 cups broth - chicken or veggie
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place potatoes, broth, garlic and salt in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover, lower heat to low and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Let cool.
- Blend in batches until very smooth and silky.
- Return to the same pot and gently reheat.
- Season with pepper and whisk in the sour cream.
- Garnish with fresh scallions or chives and an optional swirl of sour cream.