2 large apples
1/2 cup quick cook oats
1 tablespoon uncooked quinoa
1 tablespoon pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup water + 1/4 cup
2 tablespoons Litehouse Foods Old Fashioned Caramel
Toppings: Opadipity by Litehouse Cinnamon Swirl and pumpkin seeds
1. Slice top off each apple approximately 1-inch down, set aside.
2. Use melon scooper to scoop out apple flesh, leaving a ¼” to 1/3” thick wall on apple.
3. Pick out seeds and core of flesh and chop remaining apple flesh finely.
4. In medium bowl, toss together oats, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir in chopped apple pieces.
5. In microwave-safe measuring cup, boil 1 cup of water and stir in caramel until dissolved. Stir this mixture into the oatmeal until combined.
6. Place scooped out apples in microwave-safe baking dish. Stuff mixture evenly into the two apple “bowls,” packing down and over stuffing, if necessary. Set “lid” apple pieces in the side of baking dish.
7. Add ¼ cup water to bottom of baking dish. Cover with dish lid. Microwave for 3 minutes on high, and then in additional 1-minute increments until oatmeal is cooked through and apple is tender (microwave times will vary by appliance).
8. To serve, top oatmeal stuffed apples with Opadipity Greek Yogurt Dip and extra cinnamon.