What goes better with toast than bacon and eggs? We’re keeping it light with this amazing bacon and egg salad. This can be prepared in individual bowls or potluck style for the entire family. Tip: lay out all of Mom’s favorite toppings to add on herself!
- 2.5 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup diced apple
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse® Pomegranate Blueberry Dressing & Marinade
- 3 strips bacon
- ½ small shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 large egg
- Additional topping, as desired
- Toss together spinach, diced apple, pecans in small bowl with dressing. Set aside.
- In skillet, over medium-high heat, cook bacon on medium high, flipping once with tongs, until browned and crispy, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Use tongs, to remove to paper towels to cool. Pour off bacon grease, but do not wash skillet
- In same skillet (with a bit of bacon grease residue), saute shallots and cook egg to preference.
- Add egg, shallots and bacon to dressed salad and enjoy!