This delightfully tasty Blue Cheese Tomato soup will change the way you see grilled cheese and tomato soup!
8 large tomatoes, cut in half, seeds removed
Splash of Olive oil
6 oz. bacon
2 Tbsp. butter
1 onion, chopped
1 large stalk of celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups heated chicken stock
Blue Cheese Crumbles
Dash of Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F, rub a bit of olive oil on your hands, coat each of the tomato halves and place them on the baking sheet to roast in the oven for 20 minutes
2. Remove from the oven, and chop the tomatoes roughly in a food processor or by hand.
3. In the bottom of your soup pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until it's as crisp as you like it.
4. Remove the bacon onto a plate covered with paper towel and set aside.
5. Over low heat, add the butter into the pot along with the onion, celery and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
6. Stir in the flour, and mix well. Pour in the heated chicken stock and stir well until the stock thickens, then crumble the cheese into the pot. Add chopped tomatoes
7. Bring the soup to a boil. Chop the bacon. Serve the soup in individual bowls, topped with bacon. Sprinkle with black pepper and parsley, if you wish.