If you love your latkes (sometimes also called a potato pancake) crispy, we have two delicious options for you! This simple gluten-free potato latkes recipe can be made two ways…fried in oil stovetop, or if you are cutting down on fats, fried in your air fryer! Grab some potatoes and get ready to have some fun making this classic Jewish side dish that's not just for Hanukkah anymore!
- 6 cups shredded Idaho® russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Litehouse® parsley
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Litehouse® garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Use a food processor to grate the Idaho potatoes.
- Pat dry the shredded potatoes with a clean kitchen towel or paper towel. This is important to get the extra moisture out so the latkes hold together better.
- Add all of your ingredients, except the oil, to a bowl and mix well.
Air Fryer Preparation
- Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°F.
- Brush a little oil along the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Add small piles of the latke mixture into the air fryer basket.
- Use a spoon to shape the latke mixture into circles and flatten the mixture to no thicker than ¼ inch.
- Make sure to keep each latke separate so air can circulate around them.
- Cook in the air fryer 8 minutes. Use a spatula to flip each and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with applesauce and sour cream.
Stove Top Preparation
- Heat the avocado oil in a cast-iron pan until it is 375°F. Test your oil by dropping one drop of water in it. If the water sizzles, your oil is ready for the latke mixture.
- Drop a spoon full of the latke mixture into the hot oil and use the spoon to shape and flatten the latkes. Fry for 5 minutes each side until crispy.
- Remove the latkes from the hot oil onto a plate covered with paper towels to absorb the extra oil.