Adding the light flavor of Litehouse White Balsamic Dressing to your slow cooker pot roast offers a fresh take this classic comfort food.
6-8 pounds beef chuck roast,
1 tablespoon olive oil,
½ cup Litehouse White Balsamic Dressing,
4 cups beef broth,
1 tablespoon Litehouse Instantly Fresh Garlic,
2 cups sliced carrots,
1 large onion quartered,
Fresh sprigs of thyme,
Salt & pepper,
1. Season the chuck roast generously with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and place the chuck roast into the pan. Cook both sides of the meat for 2-3 minutes and then remove the pan from the heat.
3. Place the chuck roast into the base of the slow cooker. Add in the Litehouse White Balsamic dressing, beef broth, garlic, carrots, onions and thyme.
4. Turn the slow cooker temperature to low and cook for 6 hours.
5. Serve the roast with mashed potatoes, if desired.