Avocados, veggies, and grains, oh my! Build a bowl of breakfast goodness that helps you start the day with amazing nutrition and flavor.
- ¾ cup cooked grain or grain substitute (like rice, quinoa, beans, whole wheat couscous)*
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 spears broccolini or 2 ounces arugula
- 2 teaspoons roasted pumpkin seeds (peptias) or sunflower seeds
- 1/4 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons Avocado Cilantro OPA dressing by Litehouse
- Place pre-cooked grain or grain substitute in bowl along with broccolini, loosely cover and steam in microwave for 90 seconds.
- Meanwhile, bring small skillet to medium heat and cook egg, sunny side up, to desired level of yolk “doneness”. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove bowl from microwave, push contents to one side, and fill remainder of bowl with arugula.
- Add sliced avocado, pumpkin seeds and egg on top. Drizzle with dressing.
- Note: I used a combination of quinoa and split green peas that I meal prepped by simmering ½ cup dry split peas in 3 cups of water for 20 minutes and then adding ½ cup of quinoa and simmering together for another 20 minutes.
- Season to taste, cool and place approximately ¾ cup in freezer container, repeat for total of 4 ¾-cup servings.