Fresh spring vegetables are combined and tossed in light and zesty balsamic vinaigrette creating a perfectly light spring side dish.
1 lb of asparagus,
1 bunch of radishes thinly sliced,
1 lb of sweet yellow tomatoes cut into wedges,
½ red onion thinly sliced,
3-4 Tbsp Litehouse Balsamic Vinaigrette,
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Have a bowl of ice water ready and waiting on the counter.
2. Cut off the bottom 3 inches of the asparagus and discard. These are woody ends that aren’t very edible. Cut the tips off of the asparagus (save the stalks for another night) and drop them into the boiling water.
3. After 1-2 minutes remove asparagus tips with a slotted spoon and instantly place in the ice water, this immediately stops the cooking process.
4. Gently toss the cooked tips with the remaining ingredients.
5. Serve chilled or at room temperature.