This Apple Cider Turkey Brine with Litehouse Honeycrisp Apple Cider will add a burst of flavor to your Thanksgiving turkey.
- 6 cups Litehouse Honeycrisp Apple Cider
- 2 gallons Cold Water
- 3 Tablespoons Litehouse Oregano
- 3 Tablespoons Litehouse Thyme
- 3 Tablespoons Litehouse Garlic
- 1 cup Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Peppercorns
- 1 Orange (quartered)
- 1 Lemon (quartered)
- In a large pot, combine Apple Cider, water, oregano, thyme, garlic and peppercorns. Slowly stir in salt and sugar until dissolved.
- Bring to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling, remove from heat and let it cool off.
- Pour into a large brining bag and add uncooked turkey, orange and lemon. Put in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove turkey from brine and rinse off with cold water. Pat dry and cook turkey according to instructions. We love this Roasted Herb Turkey Recipe.