Traditional mac n’ cheese is given a fun twist with the adding of apples, bacon, and thyme. A secret cheat in the sauce makes for a super quick dinner!
12oz whole wheat mini shells pasta,
9 slices bacon,
8oz grated sharp cheddar cheese,
2 Tbsp. corn starch,
1 can evaporated milk,
½ c. Litehouse Fuji Apple Vinaigrette,
1 peeled and chopped Granny Smith apple,
1 tsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Thyme,
½ tsp. Salt,
¼ tsp. pepper,
½ c. Panko breadcrumbs,
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large pot of salted boiling water cook the pasta until al dente and drain.
3. Meanwhile cook the bacon until crispy and crumble 8 of the slices.
4. Eat the 9th slice. You deserve it.
5. Toss the shredded cheese and the cornstarch in a sauce pot.
6. Add the evaporated milk and cook over medium heat until the cheese melts completely.
7. Add the all of the remaining ingredients excluding the bread crumbs.
8. Toss in the cooked pasta.
9. Pour the pasta mixture into a 9X13 casserole dish.
10. Sprinkle the panko over the top and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
11. Bake in preheated oven 10-15 minutes or until panko is toasted topping is toasted.