Slice up a big, juicy tomato and top with creamy ranch dip and spicy-sweet granola for a unique side dish suitable for any summer supper, picnic or potluck.
3 tablespoons coconut oil
½ cup raw pepita seeds (pumpkin seeds)
½ cup raw slivered almonds
2 - 4 teaspoons ancho chile powder
3 tablespoons honey
1 cup old fashioned oats (Gluten Free if needed)
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 tablespoon Instantly Fresh Cilantro
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
2 large beefsteak tomatoes (approx. 1 ½ lbs)
¼ yellow bell pepper, minced
½ cup Opadipity by Litehouse Creamy Ranch Dip
snipped fresh cilantro
1. Add coconut oil to large skillet and bring to medium-high heat. Add pepita seeds, slivered almonds and chili powder to skillet and stir for 1 – 2 minutes or until beginning to toast.
2. Add honey and stir to combine. Mix oats, chia seeds, dried cilantro and sea salt to skillet, stirring well to coat with honey mixture.
3. Continue to stir over medium heat for approximately 5 – 6 minutes longer, taking care that honey doesn’t start to burn.
4. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes in skillet.
5. Transfer to air-tight container using spatula to break up any pieces stuck to skillet.