Celebrate Halloween with this 8 layer Jalapeño Ranch & Guacamole Spider Dip. It is perfect for snacking on or before trick or treating or even bringing to share with friends at a spooktacular party! Layers of beans, salsa, cheese, Litehouse® Jalapeño Ranch and Guacamole come together to make one creepy good dip.
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse® Guacamole Herb Blend
- 1.5 cups refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 1 cup salsa, drained
- 1/2 cups Litehouse® Jalapeno Ranch + 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 8 black olives, sliced
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- In a bowl, combine fresh avocados with lime juice, salt, and Litehouse® Guacamole Herb Blend. Mash until smooth and then set to the side.
- Using a pie plate, add the refried beans to the bottom of the dish. Then add a layer of sour cream, followed by a layer of diced tomatoes. Next, add a layer of shredded cheese, followed by well drained salsa. Next, pour on a half cup of Litehouse® Jalapeno Ranch. Top with shredded iceberg lettuce and the homemade guacamole.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the Litehouse® Jalapeno Ranch in a ziplock baggie. Cut off a tiny corner of the baggy. Pipe on a web; starting with a small circle in the center then two larger circles. Add lines to create the web effect.
- Next slice the olives in half lengthwise. Reserve 3 half olives to use as the “body” then cut “legs” for the spiders. Add the legs to the dip first then top with the “body” larger olive. Serve with tortilla chips.