Casual outdoor entertaining and hamburgers are are a must-do duo. Another perfect pair are the “two blues” that dress up these mini-sized beef sliders – blue cheese and blueberry BBQ sauce. Get grilling!
1 lb. 80/20 ground beef,
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce,
2 tbsp. Instantly Fresh Garlic,
2 tbsp. Instantly Fresh Red Onion,
1 tbsp. Instantly Fresh Parsley ,
½ cup prepared BBQ sauce (your favorite brand),
¼ cup blueberry jam,
4 oz. Simply Artisan Reserve Blue Cheese Crumbles,
2 oz. Spring lettuce mix,
8 Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls or slider buns,
Optional Garnish: pickled red onions,
1. Prepare blueberry barbeque sauce my mixing together ingredients in a small microwave-safe bowl. Set aside.
2. Preheat gas or charcoal grill to approximately 400 F degrees while preparing patties.
3. In medium bowl, gently mix together ground beef with Worcestershire sauce, garlic, red onion and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Divide mixture into 8 portions of 2-ounces each. Form 8 patties in repurposed lid or with hands. Use thumb to make a shallow indention in the middle of each patty.
5. Place burgers on grates and grill, with lid up, for 3 to 5 minutes or until “meat sweat” starts forming on top. Flip burgers once and continue to grill for 3 or 4 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 F when measured with an instant-read meat thermometer.
6. While still on the grates, but heat off, brush tops of burgers with blueberry barbeque sauce. Remove burgers to platter and let rest for 5 minutes.
7. Place burger on bottom of roll (with sauce side up) and top with approximately ½ ounce blue cheese, spring lettuce mix, and pickled red onions, if desired.