Everybody is waiting for the feel of Spring because it sure doesn't feel like it! We had two Spring snowstorms that made everyone want to move South. All of the typical Spring activities have been canceled for the last few weeks and the kids are itching to play baseball and soccer! My favorite part of the warmer weather is the outdoor barbecues. It was about two years ago at a pool party that I first encountered corn dip. To say it was delicious is an understatement.
I wanted to make a slightly different version of corn dip with fresher ingredients and less mayo. The Opa by Litehouse Avocado Cilantro dressingis a delicious addition in this dip rather than a mayo base. Avocado Cilantro Corn Dip is definitely a crowd-pleaser!
Opa by Litehouse Make More with Less: Healthy Food Photo Contest
Share a photo of your favorite healthy dish that makes you want to ask for seconds by using the hashtag #MoreOPAPleasePromo and enter to win a Le Creuset® 16-piece Cookware Set! Photos can be posted on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook between 4/16 and 4/30. No purchase necessary to win. Since I have some experience with food photography, I want to let you in on a few tips that anyone can do to make their food snaps a little better.
- Natural lighting:Make sure you are taking the picture at a spot that has ample natural light coming in from at least one side (a window or a door).
- Surface:A white poster board can be a great surface to get a photo with a clean background or try a well-used cookie sheet!
- Spacing and angles: Make sure your photo is not taken too close to the food. Take several photos from different angles to see what looks the best.
- Fresh Ingredients:Try picking out the best-looking ingredients you have on hand. For example, I wouldn't use brown avocados in this recipe!
- Editing:Use the Instagram editing options to brighten,sharpen and crop your photo. The "saturation" option will make the colors pop!
Good luck! (And let me know if you try the corn dip!!)