I’ve been avoiding this thought for a while but summer is nearly coming to a close. Why does winter seem so long and then summer just flies right by? Maybe that’s how things go when you live in the Midwest. I’ve been trying to savor each and every nice evening I have and being stuck in my kitchen at night between prep, cooking and cleaning just does not seem appealing right now.
The easy thing to do would be to go out to a restaurant and eat on a patio every night. This is also less healthy and more expensive. So in lieu of blowing my entire monthly food budget in one week I’ve been concentrating more on quick and easy meals to make at home at night so that I can continue to eat healthy and save money.
I’ve spent a lot of time on Pinterest searching for the ‘one-pot meals’ and grill recipes that fit my budget, schedule and that work during the warmer weather. Here are some of my favorite Litehouse recipes that have been helping me get through the summer months:
- Grilled California Chicken Sandwiches – Bacon, avocado and Jalapeno Ranch Dressing? Count me in!
- Grilled Balsamic Mini Meatloaves – There’s nothing easier in the summer than grilled meats and salad.
- Sweet and Spicy Baked Chicken and Potatoes – One pot and done!
- Grilled Chicken Kebobs and Peaches – Fruit and grilled meats are a perfect pair.
- Last Minute Asian Spare Ribs – This recipe title just screams quick and easy.
- Greek Chicken Burgers – Roasted vegetables and OPA Kalamata Feta has summer written all over it.
Grilling seems to be a common theme of my summer go-to recipes. I find that putting any and all food on the grill during the summer helps to keep meals healthy and my house cooler by avoiding the stove/oven. On the flip side, I’m also all about meals that can be cooked quickly with one pan, much like this Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Shrimp Pasta. I tend to eat more creamy pasta dishes in the fall and winter but the light flavors presented here make this the perfect summer dish. I’m a huge fan of roasted red peppers so the OPA Roasted Red Pepper dressing created an ideal base for this pasta. Enjoy!