Meal prepping saves money and ensures you eat healthy, homemade meals throughout the week instead of resorting to drive-thru. Over the past few years I have created six delicious recipes for Litehouse that you can easily meal prep in one day. Everyone pinned, shared and commented on those like crazy! We decided to make three more meal prep recipes that you can add to the list. You can pick and choose from below what recipes you’d like to make for the week.
• Lemon-Lime Cilantro Chicken on a spinach salad
• Cilantro Chicken over rice (or mashed cauliflower) with roasted sweet potatoes and balsamic mixed vegetables.
• Italian Turkey Burgers over mashed cauliflower with black beans and orange and soy glazed green beans.
• Sweet Potato and Quinoa Patties
• Lemon Ginger Chicken over Brown Rice and Sautéed Greens
• Chicken Avocado and Chickpea Wrap
• Balsamic Chicken with Quinoa, roasted rainbow carrots and feta.
• Cajun Steak with roasted sweet potatoes, peppers and jalapeños.
• Feta Dill Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps
These three new recipes: balsamic chicken, cajun steak and feta dill tuna can be done start to finish in less than a few hours. To make prep time go smoothly you can break them into three steps: initial prep, roasting, and pan frying. Don’t let cooking three meals at once overwhelm you!
12 Amazing Meals Prepped in One Day:
Initial Prep (Step 1)
• Make the quinoa
• peel and dice the sweet potatoes, peppers and jalapeños.
• wash the lettuce
• dice the red pepper
• trim and marinate the steak
• marinate the chicken
Roasting (Step 2)
• roast the carrots
• roast the sweet potatoes
• Add the peppers and jalapeños
Pan Frying (Step 3, while everything is roasting in the oven)
• Pan fry the chicken
• Sear the steak
After everything is cooked, you can begin to assemble and fill your containers with the meals. Now you are ready for the week! Wasn’t that easy? How did it go?