H17-020 Maintenance Mechanic #H17-020
Department Maintenance | Location Hurricane, UT
Position Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Pay Classification: Non-exempt
Location: Hurricane, Utah
Title of Supervisor: Maintenance Manager
Starting Wage: $25
Purpose and Scope:
The Maintenance Mechanic maintains and assists in coordinating routine and preventative maintenance on all facility production equipment including those assets located in our cheese and Buttermilk plants.
Guiding Principles-Culture- Service:
- Responsible for driving the Litehouse culture through company guiding principles
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers
- Develop and maintain effective relationships through collaboration and consistent timely communication
- Help uphold a “Team Member” environment supporting others with positive behavior
- Ensure compliance with food safety and quality guidelines
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Set up machines and equipment
- Completes PM’s for all applicable equipment as scheduled and completes required paperwork in a neat and timely manner
- Requisition materials required to keep all equipment running properly, and ascertain critical spare parts are available on the shelf in the correct quantities
- Respond to internal customer needs to optimize facility efficiencies
- Troubleshoot/repair automated equipment including Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Servo motor, and Variable Frequency Drive (VFD)
- Work closely with the manufacturing department to assure production specifications are achieved
- Perform all equipment repairs and replace parts as required
- Perform scheduled lubrication on assigned assets
- Train others in the proper operation of equipment
- Perform job duties in a safe manner following Plant and OSHA regulations and requirements
- Properly uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
- Utilize blueprints, sketches, machine manuals, and machine components for specifications and repair
- Suggests and implements upgrades to systems
- Communicate with maintenance leadership on all maintenance issues
- Analyze and resolve technical problems or assists others in solving issues
- Uses technical instruments to provide solutions
- Coordinate routine calibrations, preventative maintenance (PM), and repairs with manufacturing leadership
- Fabricate parts utilizing a Lathe and/or mill
- Assist in plant projects
- Perform other and incidental duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required to Perform Work:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED); minimum 2 years’ experience in maintenance field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA):
- Know how to troubleshoot/repair automated equipment including PLC, Servo motor, and VFD.
- Experience in reading and interpreting ladder logic/schematics a plus.
- Ability to fabricate parts from scratch or prints.
- Able to analyze and resolve technical problems or assist others in solving equipment issues.
- Must be able to understand and utilize blueprints and other technical publications
- Must be able to weld utilizing Tugsten Inert Gas (TIG) and Metal Inert Gas (MIG) procedures
- Ability to use basic math in all units of measure, compute rate, ration, and percent
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Day to day work includes:
- Regularly required to work and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Frequently required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to taste or smell and work in a confined space.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
- Specific visions abilities include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust/focus.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and vibrations.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
The duties listed in this position description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Litehouse, Inc. is a 100% Employee Owned Company-EEO-AA
We invite all interested parties with the qualifications for this position to complete our online application.
Interested applicants should apply at www.litehousefoods.com