Strawberry Basil Feta Paninis! These fruity paninis are perfect for summer. Sweet, salty and packed with flavor. Whole grain bread layered with juicy strawberries, salty feta cheese, basil and a sweet drizzle of honey— this may be your new favorite panini. No need for a fancy panini press— all you need is two skillets!
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup Litehouse® Simply Artisan Feta Crumbles
- 4 basil leaves
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Layer 4 slices of bread with sliced strawberries and feta crumbles. Place each slice with 1 basil leaf and drizzle with honey. Cover with the remaining bread slices.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat in a skillet and place the sandwich in. Place another skillet on top and cover with a few heavy cans. Grill for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and repeat with the rest of the butter and sandwiches.