Tired of traditional salads? Perk up your plate with this vibrant salad made with spiral cuts of cucumber, grapefruit and creamy avocado cilantro dressing.
2 large cucumbers
½ cup thinly sliced red onion
¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
3 ounces Simply Artisan Reserve Feta Crumbles
¼ cup pecan pieces
1/3 cup OPA by Litehouse Avocado Cilantro Dressing
1 cup fresh or packaged grapefruit segments, drained if in juice
1 large ripe but somewhat firm avocado
Garnish: additional chopped cilantro
- Process cucumbers in spiralizer and place “noodles” in colander to rinse off seeds. Let cucumbers sit and drain for several minutes before patting dry with paper towels. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Add sliced onion, cilantro, feta, and pecans to salad and toss gently with dressing.
- Drain juice from grapefruit (if using packaged) into a small bowl.
- Peel and seed avocado, cut into bite-sized pieces and gently dunk in reserved grapefruit juice (or lemon juice) to prevent oxidization.
- Add grapefruit segments and avocado to top of salad. Serve with additional cilantro, if desired.