Being cold can actually make you hungry, it’s true and backed up by science! Fuel your winter workouts (and relaxation time) with our hearty yet healthy breakfast recipe for Spinach & Artichoke Blue Cheese Baked Eggs. Litehouse Food’s OPA Blue Cheese Dressing cuts the fat without sacrificing a morsel of flavor.
3 to 4 ounces washed baby spinach
½ cup Litehouse Food’s OPA Blue Cheese Dressing
2 Tbsp Litehouse Food’s Instantly Fresh Red Onion
1 Tbsp Litehouse Food’s Instantly Fresh Chives
16 grape tomatoes
1 (7.5 oz) jar of quartered marinated artichoke hearts
8 large eggs
2 oz Litehouse Food’s Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly spray 4 ramekins or 2 gratin dishes with baking spray. Divide spinach evenly among dishes.
- Drizzle even portions of blue cheese salad dressing over spinach and sprinkle with Instantly Fresh Red Onion.
- Slice grape tomatoes in half and drain liquid from jar of artichoke hearts. Place tomatoes and artichokes around perimeter of dishes.
- Gently crack egg over top of spinach mixture, taking care not to break yolk. Repeat for remaining 3 ramekins. If using 2 larger gratin dishes, use 2 eggs per container. Sprinkle tops with Instantly Fresh Chives.
- Place dishes on a rimmed baking sheet and place on center rack of oven. Back for approximately 20 minutes or until egg whites have set and yolk has achieved desired level of doneness.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle tops with an even portion of blue cheese crumbles. Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.