This Spicy Cashew Chicken recipe will be the perfect meal if you are growing a garden this spring. When I have an abundance of zucchini, I omit the broccoli in this recipe and add those delicious, fresh, garden zucchinis.
- 2 large boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, diced small
- 3 c. Broccoli
- ¾ c. Cashews
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Ginger
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Jalapeno, minced
- ½ c. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Spring Onion
- Salt and Pepper
- Dice the boneless skinless chicken breasts into small pieces. This works better when a little frozen!
- Prepare the sauce in a small bowl: 1 tablespoon olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, jalapeno, cayenne pepper, freeze dried ginger and spring onion. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to your taste. Add the diced chicken to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. (If you have larger pieces this will take longer). Experts recommend chicken to be cooked until an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Set the chicken aside and sauté the broccoli in 1 tablespoon olive oil for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add the cooked chicken and the sauce to the pan. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Serve over rice.