Create a finger-licking dinner for your family tonight with smoky chipotle chili peppers, zesty barbecue sauce and cool slaw all in one bite!
2 cups shredded purple cabbage
¾ cup shredded carrots
¼ cup Litehouse Coleslaw dressing
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 canned chipotle chile in adobo
1 bay leaf
¾ cup barbecue sauce
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 brioche buns or hamburger buns, lightly toasted
1. For the slaw, toss together the cabbage, carrots and dressing. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
3.Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
4. Whisk in chipotle chile, bay leaf, barbecue sauce, vinegar, and ½ cup water.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is slightly reduced, 15–20 minutes.
6. Add chicken to barbecue sauce and toss to coat.
7. Fill rolls with chicken and slaw.