Stuffed acorn squash is the perfect dish for entertaining during the winter months. This recipe is full of flavor with the rosemary and sage!
- 2 Acorn Squash
- 1 lb. Ground Pork
- 1 c. Diced Kale
- 1 c. Cooked Brown Rice
- 3/4 c. Diced Onion
- 2 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Sage
- 4 tbsp. Litehouse® Organic Rosemary Balsamic Vinaigrette, divided
- 1 tsp. Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 c. Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the acorn squash down the middle, through the stem.
- Brush each half with 2 tablespoons of the Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Turn over and bake with the cut side down for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the pork in a pan over medium heat. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the onion, kale, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the brown rice and 2 tablespoons Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette. Cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- After the acorn squash has finished cooking, turn them over and fill them with the pork mixture, divided between the four halves.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Top the stuffed acorn squash with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Broil on high for 2 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are brown.