This salad is loaded with plant based protein and veggies! Freeze dried jalapeños flavor the zippy dressing and fermented honey takes place of vinegar, simultaneously providing a perfect balance of sweet and tart. We’re positive this Quinoa Salad will quickly become your new favorite!
Homemade Jalapeño Honey Dressing
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp GloryBee Artisan Fermented Honey
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Litehouse Freeze Dried Jalapeños
- ⅔ cups cooked and cooled Bob’s Red Mill Organic Tri-Color Quinoa
- 1 ⅓ cups water
- 2 cups fresh Corn
- 2 cup drained and rinsed cooked Black Beans
- ½ cup sliced Shallots
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped Cilantro
- 6 cups Arugula
- Limes for garnish
Recipe created by Whitney Barnes for Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, fresh lime juice, fermented honey, salt, cumic, garlic and jalapeños. Let mixture sit while quinoa cooks. This time allows the freeze dried jalapeños to soften and flavor the dressing.
- Bring 1 ⅓ cups of water to a boil in a 2 qt. pot. Add ⅔ cup Quinoa and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and let simmer until water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff, cover and let stand for 15 minutes or until cool.
- Add cooled quinoa, corn, black beans, shallots and cherry tomatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over the ingredients and mix until combined. Add cilantro and arugula and gently toss. Serve chilled with lime wedges.