Create a flavorful fall ice cream using the Limited-Edition Pumpkin Spice Caramel dip from Litehouse and crisp pecans in a homemade vanilla bean ice cream.
- 1 c. Whole Milk
- ¼ c. Sugar
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Vanilla Bean, split lengthwise
- 5 Egg Yolks
- ¼ c. Sugar
- 1 ½ c. Heavy Cream
- ½ c. Toasted Pecans
- ½ c. Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel Dip
- Combine the cream, milk, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. Scrape in the seeds from the vanilla bean and add the pod or vanilla extract. Bring the mixture just to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from the heat. If using vanilla bean, cover; let sit 30 minutes.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl until pale, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in ½ cup of the warm cream mixture. Whisk the yolk mixture into remaining cream mixture. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat a wooden spoon, 2–3 minutes.
- Strain the custard into a medium bowl set over a bowl of ice water and let cool, stirring occasionally. Process the custard in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions, adding in the pecans towards the end of the cycle.
- Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container. Drop the caramel by spoonfuls into the ice cream and use a knife to swirl into the mixture; cover. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours and up to 1 week.