Looking for a decadent breakfast that embraces the flavors of the season? Try this easy and impressive recipe for Pumpkin Spice Caramel-Chocolate Chip Pancakes. The star of these pancakes is the Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel Dip that is mixed in the batter and also slathered on top of the cooked pancakes. Top each pancake with whipped cream, crushed pecans, and additional mini chocolate chips for the ultimate Fall pancakes.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel Dip, divided
- 1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips + additional for topping
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Whipped Cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, place the milk, egg, melted butter and 1/4 cup Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel Dip in the bowl. Mix on medium-low speed for 1 minute.
- Turn the mixer off, scrape the sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula. Then add in the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix for an additional minute on medium-low speed and slowly add in the melted butter.
- Towards the end of the 1 minute add in the in 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips. Mix until well incorporated.
- Preheat a large frying pan on medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Then reduce to medium-low heat. Ladle 1/4 cup of batter into the frying pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles begin too appear. Carefully, flip the pancake over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan, and repeat until all the batter is cooked. Before serving top each pancake with a spoonful of Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, whipped cream, crushed pecans and mini chocolate chips.
Tip: To keep the pancakes warm while cooking in batches, place the pancakes on a lined baking sheet and keep in the oven on “low” setting (or 150-170 degrees Fahrenheit).