Become the snack-making champ of any game day party with Jalapeno Cheddar Tenders, an easy chicken appetizer done in 30 minutes. Dip in Ranch Dressing for an epic end-zone celebration.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch Dressing
- 2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsbp. All-Purpose Flour (or gluten-free blend)
- 1 ½ c. Crushed Cheese Crackers (may substitute gluten-free crackers)
- ½ c. Crushed Crispy Jalapenos (a packaged salad topper found in produce department or crouton aisle)
- 1 tsbp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Cilantro
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless Chicken Tenders
- Cooking Spray
- Garnish: Jalapeno Slices and Fresh Cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 390°F.
- In shallow dish, whisk together egg, Ranch dressing, flour and ground pepper. Mixture will be thick and glue-ish. Depending on actual egg size, you may need to thin with another tablespoon or so of Ranch dressing.
- Add cheese crackers, crispy jalapenos, garlic powder and Instantly Fresh Cilantro to heavy-duty gallon-capacity zip-top bag. Use rolling pin to crush contents into medium-coarse crumbs.
- Taking one tender at a time, dredge in egg mixture and then shake in crumb mixture until coated. Place on rimmed baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray, or for even more crispness, use a mesh baking tray on top.
- Bake at 390°F for 20 minutes, or until cooked through at thickest portion of tender. If placed straight on the baking sheet, flip tenders once after 10 minutes of baking. If using a raised mesh tray, no need to flip.
- Remove tenders from oven, let cook for 3 minutes, garnish with jalapeno slices and cilantro, and serve with a bowl of Homestyle Ranch Dressing for dipping.