Baked fresh eggs infused with Litehouse Instantly Fresh herbs hold sautéed peppers and mushrooms in warm, edible cups. Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese finishes this dish.
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Italian Herb Blend
- 1 Tbsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Chives
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Red Onion
- ½ tsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Garlic
- 4 extra large eggs
- 5 large Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. light butter or margarine
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, grated
- Dill sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add warm water followed by each of the Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Herbs. Allow the herbs to rehydrate for five to 10 minutes.
- While herbs are hydrating, add eggs to large bowl and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Pour herbs, without straining them, into the bowl with eggs. Add salt and mushrooms. Whisk eggs again briefly.
- Use a non-stick jumbo muffin pan to create the cup-shaped egg portions, and fill each muffin cup three-fourths full with egg mixture. You can also use a regular muffin pan and fill each cup only half full. Bake egg cups for 12-15 minutes if using a jumbo muffin pan and 8-10 minutes if using a regular muffin pan.
- While eggs are baking, sauté diced red paper in one tablespoon butter or margarine.
- After removing eggs from oven, gently remove each eggs cup and place on serving dishes. Spoon a tsp. full warm, sweet pepper into each “cup” of the egg. (If needed, gently press on the top of the egg to form a cupped shape.)
- Grate fresh Parmigiano Reggiano over eggs and garnish with fresh dill, if desired.