This easy Minestrone soup is a weeknight dinner hero! It’s packed with hearty vegetables like celery, carrots and onions, along with 3 types of beans, pasta and Litehouse® Freeze Dried Herbs for flavor. It’s kid-friendly, meal prep friendly and so delicious – what more could you ask for in a weeknight meal?
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 c. Thinly Sliced Celery
- 1 c. Carrots, diced
- 28 oz. Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 6 c. Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Basil
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp. Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 c. Dry Pasta
- 15 oz. can Navy Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. Lima Beans
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add onion and sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until softened. Add garlic and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes. Add celery and carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable broth, red wine vinegar, parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes on low.
- Add pasta and beans and continue cooking for about 10-15 minutes, until the pasta is tender.