Flame-kissed avocados? Yes! Find out how to grill avocados, along with corn and tomatoes to make an amazing under 30 minute salad to kick off grilling season.
- 2 large Avocados, ripe but still with some firmness
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Tajin Chili and Lime Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 ears Fresh Corn
- 1 pt. NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes
- ¼ c. Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 4 - 6 oz.Tender Ruby™ Reds Salad Blend from Fresh Express
- ½ c. Litehouse Purely Balanced Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Pre-heat grill to approximate 400° F or grill pan to medium-high.
- Using a sharp knife, slice avocados in half lengthwise and gently twist to separate. Leave the peel on but use a spoon to gently remove and discard the pit.
- Remove husk and silks from corn and place tomatoes on a skewer.
- Brush cut side of avocado, corn and tomatoes with olive oil. Season with Tajin and pepper.
- Place avocado (cut side down), corn and tomato skewers on grates.
- Avocado should take about 3 to 4 minutes to get a good sear. You can press down lightly for a few seconds to lock in some good grate marks before removing.
- Tomatoes will take about 4 to 5 minutes to grill, flip them halfway and remove when softened but not burst. If heat is too intense, finish grilling on the indirect heat rack of the grill or prop up the skewers on two bricks over grates.
- Corn will need to be rotated a couple times on the grill and should be finished in approximately 12 minutes or when turning golden brown and getting a few char marks in areas.
- Let vegetables cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Shear corn off the cob and toss with grilled tomatoes and chopped fresh cilantro.
- Set grilled avocados cut side up on a bed of lettuce. Pile up tomato mixture evenly among the center wells, allowing any remainder to fall over the sides onto the lettuce.
- Drizzle with Cilantro Lime dressing and serve immediately.